Protecting your privacy is very important to Genworth. We value your trust and want to help you understand how we collect, protect, and use your personal information.
How We Use and Protect Personal Information
We will describe what personal information we collect, how we protect it, and how we may use it.
We will maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information we obtain and those who use and visit our website. We will not share personal information with outside companies or consumer report information with other affiliated companies, except as noted below.
We will require outside companies who provide services for us and to whom we disclose personal information to comply with relevant data protection standards.
- Online information and collection. You can visit us on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. In this case, our web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, such as "aol.com" or "yahoo.com," and the website you came from and visit next.
We may select outside companies who provide services on our behalf and use this information to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our website, in general. We may also use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use.
We may aggregate statistics that we gather about our visitors, traffic patterns and services and provide these statistics to third parties. When we provide these statistics to third parties, however, they will not include any personal information that identifies you, unless you have agreed to receive personally tailored information.
In addition, there are portions of this website where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request.
- Email communications: Occasionally, we may send you e-mail communications with information that may be useful to you, including information about our products and services or about offerings from other affiliated companies or third parties. You will be given the option of not receiving any such e-mail messages, if you choose.
- Visitors/Registered Users: As a visitor to our website, you may have access to certain features without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. We will not gather any information about you when you are using these features. We may require you to become a registered member in order to gain access to and use other features. Once you become a registered member, we may collect personal information when you use our website.
Information We May Disclose and To Whom We May Disclose Information
We may disclose the information we collect to other organisations as noted below. The other organisations to whom we disclose information are obligated to use such information only for the purposes stated. Disclosures may be made as follows:
Disclosures to Service Providers
We may disclose personal information we collect to others, such as insurance agents, banks, and administrators that provide services to us or to you on our behalf, such as:
- Marketing our products and services;
- Protecting against fraud; and
- Maintaining or developing software for us.
Other Disclosures Permitted By Law
We may make additional disclosures of information as permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or insurance regulators.
No Disclosures for Other Purposes
We will not share your personal information with any outside company for any purpose other than those described above. For example, we will not sell personal information to other outside companies that may wish to market their products and services to you. While we may offer products or services to you on behalf of such outside companies, we will not give your personal information to them.
Links to Other Sites
The Site mie.genworth.ie may contain links to other sites such as Genworth's affiliate's partners. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites.
Security of Collected Information
We maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in accordance with applicable standards to protect your personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access. Access to our personal information is restricted to employees and service providers who need to know the information for legitimate business purposes to assist in responding to your inquiry or request. Employees who violate our data protection policies are subject to disciplinary action.
Access to Collected Information
You may review, delete, cancel or update the information that you provide to us through this website by contacting us as described below.
Changes to this Policy
"Opting Out" - Consumer Selections Regarding Information Sharing
While browsing this website, you will not be provided with the opportunity to opt out.